F&R

Cleaning epoxy off lips

I’m using the U40 epoxy paste for  securing lips in balsa baits as recommended by BobP,  but having a hard time cleaning the residue off the lip. I’ve tried Q tips, small diameter wood dowels, and shaped flat wooden stir sticks. I want to leave a small fillet of paste at the joint, but I keep getting a certain amount of it smeared along the lip contour. I know it doesn’t matter to the effectiveness of the lure, but I t looks less than professional when dry. Any ideas?

You can try dipping in KBS Diamond clear but the best way is to tape up the lips first and take the time doing it. I know because its a pain in the a___ .  You might try to use some of that GOO stuff for removing glue but not sure about epoxy. I do use liquid mask painted on  small lures which works fine for me but you need three coats and time consuming . I did think of do a big batch of silicone rubber and dip the lips first before putting into the lips. Have fun. When I make my next lure mold I will try that.

Wayne

I’ve not had to clean Paste epoxy off lips because I don’t put any on the lip before inserting it into a slot packed full of the Paste.  The excess paste just gets squeezed out he back of the lip slot  where it’s easy to wipe off with a piece of paper towel.

• Like 2