walleye warrior

SB paint cleanup?

I am spraying some plastic minnows with lureworks SB solvent based paint. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so what did you use to clean your airbrush? I tried mineral spirits and it just gummed up. I did not see any info on the website and they are closed for the day. Good news is I bought a cheap harbor freight airbrush just in case I had any problems

1 hour ago, wallyc14 said:

They both work and neither are good for ya. I use acetone with other things. I usually have a gallon around

I spent some time on the phone today with Josh over at LureWorks.  He told me that regular paint thinner and mineral spirit thinner didn't work with their paint.  I had called because my brush was clogging up after just a few minutes of painting.  I had added the paint thinner as a possible solution and my paint started getting gummy. I had to disassemble my brush several times for cleaning.  He mentioned their retarder and also acetone as cleaners.  He also suggested I turn down the air because it might be drying up too fast.  I tried it (once only) and I was able to paint my whole session without problems.  I also brought up the lack of videos/instruction on the use and he said they were running behind on that.  I wish I had known about the retarder so I could have bought them all together.  Shipping is pretty expensive.

Joe

• Thanks 1