Fish_N_Fool

Anyone know what happened to bearsbaits?

22 minutes ago, Fish_N_Fool said:

I tried to log into Bearsbaits website  to order more plastic last nite and the website was shut down, so I waited to call today to find out the phone # has been disconnected. Did they go out of business????? Does anyone know of another source of Calhoun soft Plastic? I need some ASAP

I've asked the same thing I do know he has a health issue but it appears to be enough to shut down the business, the forum didn't even have a holiday greeting from any of the members it's all but shut down, the website for sure I hope he makes a recovery he was in it from the begining but it doesn't look good.

Just to clear the air on Bear.  He does not have a brain tumor. He has Dementia and Alzheimer. He is currently in a care facility as he was a little too much to handle for his family. They did the best they could for as long as they could. It really does suck. There is far more to all the story than that but it is not my story to tell, but he and his family were completely dumped on.  I will convey your prayers and best wishes to him the next time we talk. Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zbass said:

Just to clear the air on Bear.  He does not have a brain tumor. He has Dementia and Alzheimer. He is currently in a care facility as he was a little too much to handle for his family. They did the best they could for as long as they could. It really does suck. There is far more to all the story than that but it is not my story to tell, but he and his family were completely dumped on.  I will convey your prayers and best wishes to him the next time we talk. Thanks

I hope he isn't suffering, and that his family can deal with it.  I had two relatives go through that, and the strain on our families was terrible.

Dave is an awesome man, living nearby I was blessed to be able to run to his shop and pick up small amounts of material when needed.  I enjoyed great conversations and learned alot about his start and place in the business.  He always made me feel welcomed and helped me with many thoughts or ideas.  His illness did start to get the best of him and two major floods did not help.  I still have many of his supplies and will regret not being able to go visit him to get more. Not for the supplies really but the visit which meant so much more.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2020 at 9:00 AM, mark poulson said:

I'm guessing Leonard is facing the same Covid-related issues when it comes to keeping things in stock.  He only makes money when he can sell something, so I'm pretty sure low stock is not by choice.

They haven't had a lot of things "in stock" since long before covid....

4 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Send him a pm or an email, and discuss it with him.  He's always been good about answering questions.

I would but he really doesn't have anything I want.  His super high speed offset presto pot stirrer looked interesting but it's not even shown on the site now.

On 11/8/2020 at 7:43 PM, 241 said:

Baitjunkys stuff is now sold via Lureworks. Check their site, Leonard said must stuff should be available soon. 

Looks like they're selling ultra molds as well.  No idea how long that's been since I don't usually look in that section.

• Like 1