Nitrostick

Just getting started and have some questions.

Hello!

I am new to the addicting hobby and have a few questions about painting hard baits.

1.)  I am using this kit- https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Professional-Compressor-Primary/dp/B00EKT30JK/ref=sr_1_4?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1515898090&sr=1-4&keywords=airbrush+kit  How quickly should I upgrade my guns?  Will I notice a huge improvement if I purchase a $100+ gun or stick with what I have for a while?

2.)  I am repainting some old favorite lures and the bills are yellowed and look rough, really notice it over a fresh coat of paint.  Any tricks to clean these bills up?

3.)  What is the best way to remove paint from previously painted baits,...sand blasting??  Anyone have a link to a good set-up?

Thanks guys,...a wealth of knowledge here and grateful to be apart of it!:D

Airbrush:  The question is does your setup do what you need and want it to do?  When and if you hit limitations or problems is the time to consider upgrading.

Yellowed lips:  sometimes it’s a clearcoat on the plastic, sometimes it’s the plastic itself.  If the latter, there’s no remedy.  If it’s clearcoat, you can sand it off and dip the lip in a urethane or moisture cured urethane to fill the sanding scratches and return the lip to “as new” appearance.  I don’t recommend epoxy as it will itself yellow and doesn’t look very good when brushed onto a flat transparent surface.

Paint removal:  media blasting with mild abrasive (not sand) is the best.  Many of us get by with hand sanding, either just to rough up the old surface to promote new paint adhesion or to remove all the old finish before repainting.

• Like 1