bassvoodoo

Looking for Gamakatsu ball head mold...

I am new and have never poured jigheads before....so I am gonna learn. I use the gamakatsu ballhead for finesse swimbaits and tubes. so my question is is there a mold that allows me  to use a 3/0 or 4/0 hook  in various sizes (1/8, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 oz) in the gamakatsu style ball head jig molds??  looking at a 60 degree flat eye hook and a 90 degree str8 eye hook.

Edited by bassvoodoo

Welcome to the board!!  Are you wanting just a ball head that you can use a Gamakatsu hook in?  Do-it makes a mold called the Gamakatsu ball bead and it has the sizes you need and in the 1/8oz cavity you should be able to get a 3/0 Gamakatsu 604 to fit and the 1/4oz and up shouldn't have a problem with a 4/0 but ask Jon Barlow to be 100% sure. For a flat eye hook you'll need a different mold and it will depend on what type of flat eye, standard or light wire or heavy wire. You aren't going to find a mold that will use both a 60 degree flat eye and a 90 degree regular eye.

smalljaw,

thanks for getting back with me.  I have been looking at the  "gamakatsu style" ball head jig...it is designed a little different than regular ball heads with the weight forward and down.  It has been an ALL around jighead for me. I use it for finesse swimbaits, regular tubes and shakey head.  The Gamakatsu ball head jig mold has a collar which I was hoping to somehow modify to add a wire keeper.  

I think the mold you are talking about is the Yamamoto one that was designed for a swim senko.  The gammie hook comes out of the front of the mold.  If you want to add a wire keeper, just take a triangle file and cut a small groove out on the opposite side as the lead keeper next to the hook groove.  Then you will have two keepers that will hold better.  Just take a little at a time on each mold half until you can get the mold to close.

Sorry, I reread your first post.  the 60 and 90 degree hooks are not the ones for this mold.  My mistake. 

Edited by EironBreaker