robbor

Who's making a good injector now?

Lots of good ones, just depends on what you want.  I think I would prefer the locking style of head, but all most of them work if you are careful and use protective gloves and full length shirts, and I suggest safety glasses.

http://www.basstackle.com/category_s/78.htm

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Do-it_Soft_Plastic_Injector/descpage-DOITSPINJEC.html

The above two are NOT the only ones.  But, this will get you looking for now.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Ditto on the locking head. Also, get one large enough for your mold shots.

Ya, not just the cavity, but the sprue or runner volume to the cavity(s).  Many of us have though that the 4 oz is plenty, and it may be, because our bait is 1/8 oz.  But, if you have 6 baits in the mold, that is 1.5 oz and if the runner takes 4 oz you don't have enough.

Better too big then too small.

• Like 1

The Basstackle injector is a good one might look at the twin setup it will run u about 200.00 i think in the 6 oz injector . It might save u money in the long run. I have a injector 4 oz i bought the mixing block  but they won't sell me the rest of the setup so i have spent about a 100.00  and will have to spend 200.00 more if i get the twin. I have ordered a twin setup off ebay it has not come in yet i will let u know how well it is made when i get it been almost a month may of blowed another 100.00 and still not have what i want. LOL Cub48

I just unpacked my mold. taped the spru and filled half with water but the tails were mostly empty and i was ia 5oz of water. So a solid 10 oz might work but more than likely me a little short. Ill call bass tackle tommorrow and see if they will make one a little bigger 11-12oz

5 hours ago, robbor said:

I just unpacked my mold. taped the spru and filled half with water but the tails were mostly empty and i was ia 5oz of water. So a solid 10 oz might work but more than likely me a little short. Ill call bass tackle tommorrow and see if they will make one a little bigger 11-12oz

You will never get the whole amount out of an injector. At the end you will get plastic that has started to cool to much. Your best bet is see if Basstackle will sell you two of there 10oz one with a Twinjector set up. It will be big but will work well and give you plenty of Plastic.  Not sure what you use to heat Plastic but it will work in a presto just fine. Both of the injectors with the same color. 

• Like 1

I have a 12oz from them and it’s great ( other than the o-rings), quality construction, heats up quickly and keeps the heat nicely.

7 hours ago, STO76 said:

Check out Quality Injector & More. They are on Facebook and may have a website. Newer company makes all the way up to a 20oz. injector.

• Like 1

I just bought a 10oz. basstackle injector last week. I have a 6 oz. & a cheaper, but smaller twin injection system too. The 10 oz. lets me shoot  my brush hog, super hog & beaver style baits in one shot now. As usual the basstackle injector is great.

3 hours ago, Les Young said:

I just bought a 10oz. basstackle injector last week. I have a 6 oz. & a cheaper, but smaller twin injection system too. The 10 oz. lets me shoot  my brush hog, super hog & beaver style baits in one shot now. As usual the basstackle injector is great.

When I was looking for a large injector basstackle didn’t have one listed and did not respond to a couple emails asking about the 10oz availability. It’s still not on the site. I would have probably gotten one of those, but glad I got the quality injector since it’s much shorter than the basstackle and looks less awkward to handle (IMO)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Canga~ said:

When I was looking for a large injector basstackle didn’t have one listed and did not respond to a couple emails asking about the 10oz availability. It’s still not on the site. I would have probably gotten one of those, but glad I got the quality injector since it’s much shorter than the basstackle and looks less awkward to handle (IMO)

I've made a few injectors, and I've found smaller diameter ones seem to inject easier.  Maybe its just my workmanship since I don't make them everyday, but I've made a few.  I never planned to make any injectors at all, but I had a similar situation.  I made a mold for a customer and at the last minute he asked me where to get an injector big enough to fill it.  Oops.  LOL.  I made three of them, and took all the best parts to make the one I sent him with his mold.  Back then Bass Tackle didn't have one big enough to fill his mold.  I haven't used every injector out there, but I have used a bunch of them and like I said in my other post I send my own mold customers to Bass Tackle to buy injectors.  

Ha!  The picture of the two I kept from that batch is still posted here.  LOL.

Edited by CNC Molds N Stuff
  • Like 1