underwatersniper

702 substitute

Since BTS seams unreliable I was looking for a 702 substitute. I emailed basstackle.com about there 736 and there 720 Jr mold. I will post a copy of the email below but basically the 720 and Jr are more similar to the BTS 702 claw wise. However, the 720 is a square body which I personally like better anyway.  You have to look closely at the 736 pic on their site to see what she is talking about but one pincer is flat on top/raised on bottom and the other pincer raised on top/flat on bottom to produce what they called a "paddling action." I ordered the 720, 720 Jr and lam plate. When I get some done up I will post a pic in the gallery section. Hope this helps someone out.

Hi John!

the 702 was designed by Robert Jones at BTSMOLDS.  A few years ago we carried his designs.  We no longer do. 

the 736 is similar in shape, but the craws are unique.  the craw tips rotate inward on one side and outward on the other.  it was designed this way to create more of a paddling action.  

the 720jr is a smaller version of our 720

the 720/720jr  have claws more similar to the 702.

I hope this helps!

thankyou!

sarah

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 10:04am
To: "sarah@basstackle.com"
Subject: A couple question

I found an archive of an old mold you used to make called the 702. I noticed you dont make it anymore but it is real similar to your 736.  how do these two molds compare to each other? Also, how does it compare to the 720 Jr.
Thanks-
John
  • Like 2