bassmaster0726

Baitmold.com

So I recently purchas d a mold from bait mold.com yesterday at $128 total, there website said they are from the Ukraine, but my credit card payment was to the Netherlands. I have received an email saying my order has been submitted but has not been shipped. Has anyone here ordered from there and if so how is the customer service and are they a trustworthy company and are there products what they say they are.

I ordered from them on 30 Nov.  i recieved order confirmation but no shipping notification. My bank statement was charged about 98 cents more than was on the invoice  i assume because the exchange rate.  I still have not recieved mine but research done prior to ordering suggested 6-12 weeks so I expected a wait. 

Sorry not much help to you. I can only comment from what others have said and where i am in the process.  I can update when they arrive. Good luck to you

I have 3   molds ordered myself  after buying   several molds  to find something extremely close that worked like these baits do as far as action goes & was totally unsuccessfull.     These particular ones are the only style of these baits myself & several buddys use.   After reading several pages of reviews from their previous customers i took a chance. Guess i'll  form my own opinion after this deal is done as to wether it was worth it or not after recieving them.

3 hours ago, bassmaster0726 said:

So I recently purchas d a mold from bait mold.com yesterday at $128 total, there website said they are from the Ukraine, but my credit card payment was to the Netherlands. I have received an email saying my order has been submitted but has not been shipped. Has anyone here ordered from there and if so how is the customer service and are they a trustworthy company and are there products what they say they are.

I know lots of guys that have bought molds from him.  It takes a month or so to get them but I havnt heard of anyone not getting there molds. I've emailed with the guy about a mold and he is good about replying. 

Bookshelf style molds. Anywhere from 12-30 cavities depending on the size of the bait design. Our latest design we went with multiple 6 cavity designs so we could split them up in different work stations & give us the ability to do small custom orders for our unique design.

I ordered some late last calendar year and it took about a month to receive them. I waited for about 3 weeks before emailing them and asking if they had any kind of tracking info. They replied with a tracking number within a day. Molds arrived via USPS.

I ordered the cheaper stone-material molds from them. They work pretty well but you need to lube the cavities every few pours to get the baits out easily.

19 hours ago, underwatersniper said:

Thats why a lot of people order from them because patent laws dont apply overseas.  If you look in the desription it will tell you what bait they used as a prototype. They are not exact copies but very close.  They do have some of there own designs but most people are attracted to the clones. 

Funny thing is, as soon as you import the mold and make baits from a patent protected design, you yourself are violating the patent. The likelihood of getting a C&D letter may be low but none the less, the minute you copy the product you are liable whether or not you sell the bait for profit. 

And I will 100% agree with Leonard, buy (North) American and support your own people. 

• Like 3

I agree and I buy American as much as possible. I have 2 do-it ES molds and will prolly order 2-3 more. I have 2 basstackle molds with 2 more on order plus I have a Jacobs machine mold. The problems though are: 1) Two of the top mold suppliers are either unreachable (BTS) or went out of buisness (Bears) 2. a couple of the companies in the sticky "list of lure mold companies" dont sell to the hobbyist . 3)The other companies dont have the designs I want or 4) they are to expensive to afford.    Take the helgramite for example, in the U.S. the going price is around $80 but an artificial stone version is $10. The trade off is you have to wait longer to get the mold.

On a side note if anyone knows of a mold simular to the BTS 505 creature mold, please let me know.

The guy we work with on our designs only charges $80 for the design work & we get to keep the exclusive rights to the design. After the design was final on our latest bait, he only charged $145 per 6 cavity mold to have them cut. This is our fourth time working with him & every design and mold he's produced for us has been perfect. As for speed, he designs the bait & usually has the molds cut within 11 days. Then it take 5-7 days to get here. If I could find someone here in America that can match the same price, quality, & service, I would have them made here.

22 minutes ago, hpssports said:

The guy we work with on our designs only charges $80 for the design work & we get to keep the exclusive rights to the design. After the design was final on our latest bait, he only charged $145 per 6 cavity mold to have them cut. This is our fourth time working with him & every design and mold he's produced for us has been perfect. As for speed, he designs the bait & usually has the molds cut within 11 days. Then it take 5-7 days to get here. If I could find someone here in America that can match the same price, quality, & service, I would have them made here.

Would you be willing to sell me finished baits at ukrainian prices? Same reason I dont sell molds at ukrainian prices. What makes me laugh the most, is how some guys selling baits advertise made in USA, give Veteran discounts. But in turn dont support those who support them. Its a viscous cycle.  

Edited by Baitjunkys
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Baitjunkys said:

Would you be willing to sell me finished baits at ukrainian prices? Same reason I dont sell molds at ukrainian prices. What makes me laugh the most, is how some guys selling baits advertise made in USA, give Veteran discounts. But in turn dont support those who support them. Its a viscous cycle.  

We're not having them made in the Ukraine. They are actually made in a country that highly supports us & we support them as well.

Israel, spain it dont matter.  Not everyone views support the same, I try and spend my money I make from my customers at other moms and pops etc, obviously we cant do it all the time. I wonder how much stuff these foriegn mold makers buy from the USA, I know enforcer "Canada" buys all his material USA, supporting american workers, my guess is the others dont put a penny back to the us economy..

Edited by Baitjunkys
  • Like 3

If you guys just have to order from anywhere other than the U.S. or Canada Please order from people that support the U.S.A. and vice versa. I prefer to order if I order outside the U.S.  to use Print-A-Lure in Israel.  Generally get it in a couple weeks once it is made. Vitaly Osti is his name He seems to be a decent fellow bent on good service.

• Like 1