bassmaster0726

Baitmold.com

Back off track ;)... I got a few molds from Ukraine, like the zoom fluke jr, that I found difficult to make from pop. I view the stone molds like I view pop molds; good enough for the few baits that I need.  One can argue how pop molds are wrong too, but I'm sure spending more money now than when I was just buying baits. The stone molds and pop allow me to dabble in something that otherwise, even as irrational as I am about fishing stuff, would really make no sense.

I see everybody knocking everybody else off. They just do it 'legally'. Maybe one day plastics will get to where flies are in that you can't patent designs as they have all been done before. Like a surf candy is just the progression of a blond.  Ukraine uses the same names, which is another issue as it takes marketing and investment to get a name known, but names get knocked off in a way too. When it's called a rodent or a bver we get the reference.  Maybe Ukraine is just more honest? (joke)

(My wife lost her Canadian pharma office job to India last year when the  company where she worked was bought by Americans,so I'm not insensitive to the importance of trying to keep our jobs in North America, but ultimately people are motivated by price)

• Like 1

This is a touchy topic. I'm not here to judge where you get your molds. I can only speak for myself. I just started a lure company and I have made the decision to buy my molds from North American companies, and as much of my supplies as I can as well. I also like to buy from folks that support this forum if I can help it. 

Admittedly, it's almost impossible to only buy components that are made in the USA but I do try. Yes it affects cost but that's just a decision I've made. Maybe it's because I'm a veteran... I don't know. It just feels right to me.

Edited by FrogAddict
  • Like 2

Hello guys. My name is Edward, I'm in Ukraine and I'll try to give answers to all questions about the company baitmold.com  here, of course, if the administration of the forum does not block me;)

Immediately I would like to apologize for your English.

To clarify the situation - standard orders we ship within 3-7 working days. Yes, unfortunately my country's mail does not always work well, especially during the New Year holidays, now with delivery there are terrible delays, we are trying to find ways to solve this problem.

We spend much more time on custom molds. The manufacturing of custom molds takes more than one month.

We also try to respond in time to all messages by e-mail. But we do not always have time to do this quickly.

I hope I will be of use to you and I hope for your understanding.

• Like 4

Soooooo Bassmaster .......... you send in an order and pay for it ......... THEN YOU ASK IF THE COMPANY IS REPUTABLE?  ......... REALLY?  
Not too bright guy.  I am suspicious.  It seems like this is a set up to bring shade on a good company.  I have molds from just about every manufacturer.  This company has a great reputation and provides good molds at the best prices ........ you just have to wait longer.

I highly suggest you ask these questions BEFORE buying.  It will make you look smarter and not bring shade to a reputable company.

jus sayin

• Like 2

Here's what I want to know regarding ordering from baitmold or any other foreign company who sells "prototype" molds which are close to another manufacturer's design but not identical. Am I allowed to shoot plastics in those molds and sell them under a completely different name than the real manufacturer sells them? Is this enough to avoid patent laws since everyone copies from each other as has been said above. If the answer is no: this is patent violation, please send me the links to the articles explaining this. 

thanks

On 10/14/2020 at 12:08 AM, 2marshall8 said:

Here's what I want to know regarding ordering from baitmold or any other foreign company who sells "prototype" molds which are close to another manufacturer's design but not identical. Am I allowed to shoot plastics in those molds and sell them under a completely different name than the real manufacturer sells them? Is this enough to avoid patent laws since everyone copies from each other as has been said above. If the answer is no: this is patent violation, please send me the links to the articles explaining this. 

thanks

Any of their molds that are covered by a utility patent can't be sold, such as the Strike King molds & Net Bait Paca molds. Those I know for sure have utility patents. Utility patents are hard to avoid because they cover a broad range.

4 hours ago, hpssports said:

Any of their molds that are covered by a utility patent can't be sold, such as the Strike King molds & Net Bait Paca molds. Those I know for sure have utility patents. Utility patents are hard to avoid because they cover a broad range.

Thanks for this. I have a scheduled appointment with a patent attorney next week and I'll pass on his official response afterwards.

20 minutes ago, Baitjunkys said:

Wasting your time with a patent attorney, unless you got really deep pockets... I think its pretty self educating if it has a patent, you can't copy it legally. Steve parks will have your balls hanging on his clothes line if you knock the strike king stuff.

Cool thing is it's a free consultation. But yah I hear ya, I'm sure I'll end up using some of these molds for myself only. thanks everyone.

So with all the cnc aluminum mold companies out there how do you know what can be sold on the open market and what cannot along with what can be used for duplication? Everyone copies everyone else, so this still seems like a grey area.

I have a feeling that 1000's of small time bait manufacturer's who are creating these baits in their garages and selling on ebay, social media, or even just small time in their local area are violating these laws. So, the discussion kinda needs to head towards what end the "original" makers are willing to go to chase after all the "potential" violators. I doubt they care about all the "mom and pop's" who are doing this.

Edited by 2marshall8