tabutler

Airbrush needle

I painted several baits the other day without a problem with my talon. Yesterday I was going to paint another batch, had all kinds of problems with clogs and bubbling in cup. Cleaned it again and when I put it back together it seems to me the needle sticks out further from the tip before it seats. I never could get it to perform correctly . Am I imagining things or can this happen and if so have I screwed something up. I am using the .3 something tip. I did change out to the .55 tip to put on some base coats and seemed to work ok but I much prefer the finer tip. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help guys. Upon closer inspection, my cone was damaged. My eyes were not good enough to see it even with magnification but running my fingernail over it I could feel the split. Already ordered a new one. As usual, I learn everything the hard way. I am new to this and as frustrating as it is, I am loving trying to figure it all out!

Thanks again

I use a Badger 150. There is a PTFE seal between the paint chamber and the air chamber. The needle goes through it. Not sure of the design of your brush. But there probably is a seal like that on every airbrush. A leak in that seal will cause your brush to pulse, then eventually to do nothing but push bubbles into your paint cup (or jar). You probably solved your problem. Just keep it in mind for the future.