Tournament Strong

Recipe for Honey

OK, so what colors are you using to start with?  Are you saying that if you poured a clear worm that it would turn green?

I am a little confused.

First, I see you are new, so it is good to have you on the site.  We need, welcome, and like new people.

Fist things first.  Hover your mouse over ACTIVITY at the top right of the screen.  When the drop down screen comes up, go to search at the bottom and type in Honey.  See what you get.  There are years of responses and thousand of post that can help.

Additionally, at the top of this forum is a recipe thread that might also have it.

Last, if you can provide a photo of the color you want it might help.  Funny thing is that for me, Honey is just a dark amber, and that I can probably  help with, but do you want dark amber, light amber, brown amber, etc.  I guess you might say that one man's honey is another man's yellow.

Lots and lots of guys on the site can offer suggestions if they see that color to match.  These guys shock me all the time on what they can do.  We just need a little more info.

Definitely need a photo.   Off hand I can't think of a "honey" named color besides honey bun (Wave Worms).

Honey to me would be a translucent color and depending on where you want to go with the color starting with an amber, rootbeer, or cinnamon color.   

May end up having to add a little brown, motor oil, yellow, chartreuse, etc.. depending on where you are wanting to go with it.

10 hours ago, Tournament Strong said:

As for the color look at a jar of honey and that's it. I was hoping someone had already made it. I have done a lot of experimenting and ended up with a gallon of blackercracker.

Ya, it is easy to do.  You can do an internet search about additive color wheel and subtractive color wheel, but but by then you will be a bit confused.  In short, you can muddy it up really fast.

I suggest that you have some good workable solutions above.  I would start with one color that you think looks close enough to what you want, and then add tiny amounts of other colors, or a colored glitter, if, and only if, you need to.

As for the color, I went to the store today and looked.  I found at least 7 different shades of Honey at WalMart alone.  Clover honey, wildflower honey, this brand, that brand, all different.  Not a huge amount of difference between the honey, but enough that any of the suggestions above, from straight amber to ...... would match one of them.

Just don't add any blue that would mix with yellow to make green, and don't add green.  LOL