NCSinkers

Gotcha Plug Colors

I started making my own Got-cha (gotcha) type lures and wanted to get input from others to see if there are any odd ball colors or modifications that have produced some good results.  I do most of my fishing at the NC coast.  Interested if non standard colors or dressing the tail hook has given better results.  Thanks!

homemade gotcha plugs.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 12:10 AM, NCSinkers said:

I started making my own Got-cha (gotcha) type lures and wanted to get input from others to see if there are any odd ball colors or modifications that have produced some good results.  I do most of my fishing at the NC coast.  Interested if non standard colors or dressing the tail hook has given better results.  Thanks!

What are those bodies made of ?  Where did you find them ?

Thanks !

The bodies were 3d printed and made from PETG.  A friend of mine has a nice printer at work that he has easy access to.  I have tried on my printer at home but could not get good results although it proved useful for the prototypes.  I think having an enclosure and better temperature control during printing is critical.  I am still testing them out to see how they hold up.  Good results so far, but still a bit of work to do.

3 hours ago, NCSinkers said:

The bodies were 3d printed and made from PETG.  A friend of mine has a nice printer at work that he has easy access to.  I have tried on my printer at home but could not get good results although it proved useful for the prototypes.  I think having an enclosure and better temperature control during printing is critical.  I am still testing them out to see how they hold up.  Good results so far, but still a bit of work to do.

Very cool !

If they survive Bluefish, they should survive anything else . . .

If you want another "field tester", let me know. I'll be happy to put them to the test !

Good Luck !

I recently made some sort of like these.  They don't look just like these, but I used mini crossbow bolts for the bodies and then used a bullet weight in front.  I got the idea from Engineered Angler on YT, and he used metal straws for the bodies.