Landry

Dead on plastix?

1 hour ago, Landry said:

Anyone tried this company's plastisol?

great price and they rave about how clear, non yellowing and non smelly it is. 

I just ordered a sample pack to try. 

It is nothing more than Polysol (where they're buying it from and putting their label on it)

Check your area for a pvc compound company.  I found one locally and gave them durometer (sp?) specs and they made me up plastisol.  I can tweak the heat stabilizer content with them too.  Nice thing is they sell by the pound and put in buckets at no charge.  Something to look into.

I've used it and like it.

I don't do a ton of pouring, just for myself.  It definitely separates, but it is super easy to mix up by hand.  

It reheats very well also.  Definitely has some micro bubbles but they seem to seek out the top and sides and as long as I bury the injector into the plastic don't seem to have an issue with it.

• Thanks 1

Yea it isn’t a bad product. Not the best in my opinion, but for the price it is hard to beat. It definitely has a different feel than some others but it does come out pretty clear and reheats better than many others. The price is comparable to the Do-It Essential plastic but it is far better than that stuff. The Do-It Crystal Clear has great properties but it is way too pricey and doesn’t reheat nearly as good. Just my two cents. To each their own.

I started using this and still do I have not tried others, but this stuff is nice to work with. I wish they had more colors to choose from. the price is right for someone just stating out. at x-mas I bought 2 gallons @ $21 each, they had a sale! just now ordering some craw and saltwater trying to make some hoochies.

1 hour ago, wiseman said:

I started using this and still do I have not tried others, but this stuff is nice to work with. I wish they had more colors to choose from. the price is right for someone just stating out. at x-mas I bought 2 gallons @ $21 each, they had a sale! just now ordering some craw and saltwater trying to make some hoochies.

Check lureworks... its hearsay - but the general facebook consensus is that dead on is just re packaged lureworks colorant.

2 hours ago, Uncle Arnies Tackle said:

Check lureworks... its hearsay - but the general facebook consensus is that dead on is just re packaged lureworks colorant.

It's not lureworks but they certainly don't make their own. I "think" the plastisol they are selling now is their own blend, not that they make it themselves, instead it's made to their specifications now. Pretty sure Baitjunky knows who they buy from, I forget atm...

2 minutes ago, Elf said:

It's not lureworks but they certainly don't make their own. I "think" the plastisol they are selling now is their own blend, not that they make it themselves, instead it's made to their specifications now. Pretty sure Baitjunky knows who they buy from, I forget atm...

Awesome - best of luck to those guys. All the back and forth about plastic mfg's is toxic, I would rather read about making baits... or making plastisol LOL. wish more mfg's would share their DOE's etc... but, business is business.

10 minutes ago, Elf said:

it certainly was at first. i have no clue what they got going now, I wish them the best of luck. its a dog eat dog business. 

Edited by Baitjunkys
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2019 at 11:54 AM, Uncle Arnies Tackle said:

The FB consensus is wrong. I don't know where they get their colorant but its not from LureWorks. I don't think its from any of the other known sources either like MF or Lurecraft etc.