Landry

Dead on plastix?

21 posts in this topic

Anyone tried this company's plastisol?

great price and they rave about how clear, non yellowing and non smelly it is. 

I just ordered a sample pack to try. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landry said:

Anyone tried this company's plastisol?

great price and they rave about how clear, non yellowing and non smelly it is. 

I just ordered a sample pack to try. 

 

 

It is nothing more than Polysol (where they're buying it from and putting their label on it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it is good, but we have not heard back from some of the people testing it yet.  I was going to get a sample, but I have so much right now that I won't be trying anything else for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your area for a pvc compound company.  I found one locally and gave them durometer (sp?) specs and they made me up plastisol.  I can tweak the heat stabilizer content with them too.  Nice thing is they sell by the pound and put in buckets at no charge.  Something to look into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used it and like it.

I don't do a ton of pouring, just for myself.  It definitely separates, but it is super easy to mix up by hand.  

It reheats very well also.  Definitely has some micro bubbles but they seem to seek out the top and sides and as long as I bury the injector into the plastic don't seem to have an issue with it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea it isn’t a bad product. Not the best in my opinion, but for the price it is hard to beat. It definitely has a different feel than some others but it does come out pretty clear and reheats better than many others. The price is comparable to the Do-It Essential plastic but it is far better than that stuff. The Do-It Crystal Clear has great properties but it is way too pricey and doesn’t reheat nearly as good. Just my two cents. To each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this thread is a year old, and the product has changed recently. Try some and see if you like it, don't always go by what others propaganda.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a new 5 gallon bucket of their stuff,  just waiting to use up the last of the old bucket first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started using this and still do I have not tried others, but this stuff is nice to work with. I wish they had more colors to choose from. the price is right for someone just stating out. at x-mas I bought 2 gallons @ $21 each, they had a sale! just now ordering some craw and saltwater trying to make some hoochies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wiseman said:

I started using this and still do I have not tried others, but this stuff is nice to work with. I wish they had more colors to choose from. the price is right for someone just stating out. at x-mas I bought 2 gallons @ $21 each, they had a sale! just now ordering some craw and saltwater trying to make some hoochies.

 

 

Check lureworks... its hearsay - but the general facebook consensus is that dead on is just re packaged lureworks colorant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle Arnies Tackle said:

 

 

Check lureworks... its hearsay - but the general facebook consensus is that dead on is just re packaged lureworks colorant.

It's not lureworks but they certainly don't make their own. I "think" the plastisol they are selling now is their own blend, not that they make it themselves, instead it's made to their specifications now. Pretty sure Baitjunky knows who they buy from, I forget atm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elf said:

It's not lureworks but they certainly don't make their own. I "think" the plastisol they are selling now is their own blend, not that they make it themselves, instead it's made to their specifications now. Pretty sure Baitjunky knows who they buy from, I forget atm...

 

Awesome - best of luck to those guys. All the back and forth about plastic mfg's is toxic, I would rather read about making baits... or making plastisol LOL. wish more mfg's would share their DOE's etc... but, business is business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Elf said:

It's not lureworks but they certainly don't make their own. I "think" the plastisol they are selling now is their own blend, not that they make it themselves, instead it's made to their specifications now. Pretty sure Baitjunky knows who they buy from, I forget atm...

it certainly was at first. i have no clue what they got going now, I wish them the best of luck. its a dog eat dog business. 

Edited by Baitjunkys
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 11:54 AM, Uncle Arnies Tackle said:

 

 

Check lureworks... its hearsay - but the general facebook consensus is that dead on is just re packaged lureworks colorant.

The FB consensus is wrong. I don't know where they get their colorant but its not from LureWorks. I don't think its from any of the other known sources either like MF or Lurecraft etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the Dead On Plastix.  I like how it doesn't yellow, and reheats without  changing shades.  It will hard pack, but most does, if not used often enough. Also very little smell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now