duckman

Preferred Plastisol Brands

Hello,  Just getting into making soft plastics.  Beend doing hardbaits, spinners, jigs for years. I have made some molds, and now want to start pouring.  I am making musky lures primarily so want a fairly strong plastic.  Any brands you recommend?  I was thinking of the Lure craft 60/40 blend .  (Also if I do some four inch grubs for use as bass baits/or musky spinnerbait trailers, what do you prefer?  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks in advance!

We don't normally get that worked up.  ROFLOL

Most Plastisol brands will work, but I tend to go with the Alumisol medium and buy some softener and hardener.  With those three options, I can do pretty much all I need.

But, Baitjunky's has some good stuff, as does M-F Manufacturing has a Saltwater version that is pretty hard as well.  I remember someone has an "elastic and a bounce" version that they say is pretty durable.

2 hours ago, DaveMc1 said:

try as many different brands as you can and figure out what works best for you

I feel I can make them all work, but some are easier for ME then others.  If you are a production guy, and I am just a hobbyist, then it would be more important.

2 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Contact some of the suppliers and try to get a sample of their strongest plastisol and pick what works best for your application.

Never hurts to try.  

I can only talk about the ones I've used. Btw the advice given here is solid

baitjunkie soft and hard.  The hard is great, used it for tubes with great results, I dipped and injected, adding  hardner  definitely works for a harder lures. 

I hated Do its plastisol....hated it, colors never came out right, don't know why, I made a morning dawn that looked orange after a day, i can't tell you how much it sucked, I loved everything they make except their plastic

i had one more but that company is not in business anymore, good luck

Baitjunkys & lureworks are both  good stuff.  I also tried a couple different samples that polysol sent me & i liked them awful well too. I wouldn't hesitate ordering from any of the three. Baitjunkys ain't gonna be beat on price though & if you have any questions Leonard is gonna answer. I know this for a fact. lol.

Same here! Bait junky’s good stuff . I’ve used or use all three types. There hard is good for tubes. The medium is very durable. M and F also makes a good plastic but expensive. I’ve tried others too but go back to those two. Good products good service. The way I look at it is it never hurts to look around and see what’s around you .  If you don’t you don’t know what you missed but generally you always go back to what you’re comfortable with and people that treat you right.

tight lines!

Edited by wallyc14

There are a number of sellers & distributors, but only a few actual different brands.

This list might help if you opt to do some research into pricing and shipping as well as contacting for samples.

"ships from" location is provided to assist in figuring / estimating shipping costs

BUSINESS NAME - URL - BRAND SOLD - SHIPS FROM

ALUMILITE - alumilite.com - THEIRS (ALUMISOL) - KALAMAZOO, MI 49007

BAITJUNKY'S - shopbaitjunkys.com - CALHOUN'S - LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30046

BARLOW'S - barlowstackle.com - M-F - RICHARDSON, TX 75080

BASSTACKLE - basstackle.com - M-F - PHOENIX, AZ 8502

CALHOUN'S - calhounplastics.com - THEIRS (CALHOUN'S) - CALHOUN, GA 30701

CHEMIONICS - chemionics.com - THEIRS (CHEMIONICS) - TALMADGE, OH 44278

DO-IT - store.do-itmolds.com - THEIRS (ESSENTIAL) - DENVER, IA 50622

JACOB'S BAITS - jacobsbaits.com - M-F - TROY, OH 45343

JANN'S - jannsnetcraft.com - LURECRAFT - MAUMEE, OH 43437

LURECRAFT - lurecraft.com - THEIRS (LC) - ORLAND, IN 46776

LUREPARTS ONLINE - lurepartsonline.com - M-F / ESSENTIAL / LC - SPRINGFIELD, IL 62704

LUREWORKS (aka I SPIKE IT) - ispikeit.com - THEIRS - BROOKLET, GA 30415

MAKE LURE - makelure.com - ALUMISOL - KALAMAZOO, MI 49007

M-F - pouryourownworms.com - THEIRS (M-F) - FORT WORTH, TX 76117

OZARK TACKLE - ozarktackle.com - UNKNOWN - PEVELY, MO 63070

POLYSOL - polysolpolymers.com - THEIRS (POLYSOL) - FARMINGTON, MO 63640

ZEINER'S - zeiners.com - M-F - WICHITA, KS 67211

• Like 1