army-boot

Basstackle 156 worm

I'm looking for a robo worm mold and I see basstackle has the 156.

Bob's also offers something similar for much less, although 2 less cavities.  I know people have ordered from him recently and received orders, but not sure I'm willing to bite just yet.

Does anyone have experience with the basstackle worm?

2 hours ago, Les Young said:

No experience with the 156 mold, but basstackle is good to deal with & they have great molds. See if they'll send you some samples of baits made with that mold.

Agreed, I have a few of their molds and never had any issues.  They are literally 2-3 miles form my house.  I've driven by, but never stopped :-)

2 hours ago, ScottyMac said:

I have the mold and have had good success with the worm.   Highly recommend it.   I also have the lam plate and tip mold.   If I could do it over I’d probably pass on the lam plate but for me the tip mold is a must. 

Why would you pass on the lam plate?  I was thinking all three myself but the price is quite high!  The reason BTs was so compelling was their slide bar mold is I believe 149 and a lami plate would be well under the price of just the mold from bass tackle.  Hate being that guy but the molds are so similar...

1 hour ago, DaBehr said:

I sent an email to Bob's a few weeks ago asking them if the are taking orders and lead time ...no response.

I know a few people have been getting orders, I emailed them probably a month or so ago and they said they were taking orders...  They were local to me too but I'm not sure if they ever moved their shop.

12 hours ago, ScottyMac said:

The lam plate is not laminating the entire bait and basically stops at the tip of the worm.  See the bottom worm in the pic to get my drift.  Not too big a deal when you are using a matching tip but if you are not it looks off. 

IMG_0726.JPG

Wow thats odd.  I'd probably end up with the laminate plate and tip as I do not have a dual injector.

Sent one more email to bts inquiring about their version.  If I don't hear back next week I think i'll probably pull the trigger.