Darkman

Issues with my injectors

Hello my beautiful lure making people

im having issues with my injectors, I have 3 now, 2 from do it and 1 from Basstackle 

just got a new do it one and when I work it it is so smooth, goes up and down with no issues, my other two well not so much. For a while I only had one and that just wasn't smooth, kinda hung up I used worm oil to get it smooth, I just thought that's the way they are cause when I got my Basstackle one, same thing, not smooth. 

How do I get them to work smoothly like my new one does. Think the O ring might be it but I'm not sure, any help would be great, like I said my  one of my Do it ones and one of my Basstackle one kinda stick, my brand new one is like butter

tube needs cleaning and lube with worm oil.  oring could be too large! But plastic will build up in tube and make it hard to cycle. Spray it with a cleaner run rag thru when it is slick and shiney check oring remove and clean it put some worm oil in it and should be smooth. cub48

I have some Bass Tackle, and couple I made myself, and one from Jacob's Baits.  They all work great for a while, then sometimes get a little stiff.  A few drops of worm oil and cycle them back and forth a few times and they are great for a long time again.  I usually use whatever scented oil I am strong on at the time, but I do periodically used plain worm oil as well.  I have some.  Might as well use it.  LOL. 

One thing to consider is if those O-rings are black in color they are made from Buna Rubber or Viton.  These style O-rings over time will swell due to exposure to plasticizer; thus changing the OD. If they are orange in color then they are likely Silicone and are much more resistant to plasticizer. Nonetheless O-rings should be considered a consumable and you should keep a couple back up sets for replacement. Just due to abbrasion they will need to be replaced at intervals. 

The next thing to consider is the bore of your injector, how scarred up is it?

I spray the inside of my injector with PAM after each load, after I've removed the cooled plastic.  I pull the injector's plunger all the way to the back of the cylinder, so the entire inner surface is expose, shoot in a burst of PAM, and then reinstall the nozzle and push the plunger back down so it is ready to draw up the next batch of plastic.

When I notice plastic around the O rings, I clean it off with my fingers, and my injector is ready to go again.