T-Ball

createx paints

I have been using the waterbase paints from Walmart, and now that I think I know what I'm doing I bought several colors of the createx paints. My question is, do I need to thin these down, or are they ready to spray ? I really like the House of Colors paint, but the fumes almost killed me :oops: ! Awesome colors though. I'm sticking with waterbase so I don't die too soon. I appreciate all your guys help on this !!!

Thank You !

T-Ball

T-Ball, Most of the Createx paint is able to be used right out of the bottle.

If anything, I have only ever had to thin out a white color one time... but I think it sat on the shelf for a long time. As a matter of fact I picked up some lids for the paint containers with the stem on them so I can directly hook them up into my airbrush. Man does that make changing colors EASY!! Cody

Hello,

Been doing this for a few weeks now, and working with both vinyl and powder. I like the vinyl because of the ease, but have been brushing it on (not air, just paintbrush). I'd really like to switch from vinyl to createx for leadhead jigs, is createx a good replacement for vinyl? I have recently started dipping vinyl, and it is a slooooooooooow process, actually tempted to go back to the brush.

Miklos

For jig heads go with the powder paints. Once you bake them to cure, it will be real hard to chip the paint. If you use the createx you'll need to coat the heads with epoxy to protect the paint.

Fast blast caps are the name of those caps with the stems. I picked up a bunch and leave them on the paints I most frequently use. Definitely a time saver plus you waste less paint. Dixie art has them too. Free shipping on orders over $45. The pearl colors and the chamilion colors are definitely something to try. You can get some really cool effects and highlights with the chamilions.

Andrew

T-Ball,

You can shoot Createx straight from the bottle, but will enjoy it more and have better results if you "play" with it...add water to thin, extender and plain medium to adjust color, opacifier to decrease transparency, etc. think some of the issues that get posted about C'tex are the result of just hooking up and shooting it. I only use blended and adjusted colors in metal color cups, regardless of the brush or the psi.

Try this link for the C'tex product line:

http://www.atriceco.com/

The createx paint is wonderful and yes it can be sprayed without thinning. I have noted, however, that some of the paints could be thinned some for better performance. I have been ordering my stuff from Dixie but may try the source Cullin mentioned as delivery time with Dixie seems ridiculously slow. If you have been spraying Wal-Mart Paints get ready for a big change, you will love the createx, huge difference! The bottle adapters save a ton of time, get a couple of them too.

Jed 8O

I just checked out Createx's site, and really like what I saw. I purchased the 12 pack sampler of vinyl paint from lure components, and instead of brushing, I'm dipping. I am currently in the process of mixing up some 1/4 and 1/8 ounce roundheads. I am going to switch to the createx after I sell that batch I'll probabbly have around 1000 when I'm complete since the vinyl tends to go a long way when dipping. I figure at .89 per 10 pack, I'll make enough play money for a decent airbrush and a good set of paints. Anybody use createx for dipping? I know the airbrush is highly recommended, but I am in the process of moving, and don't really have the facilities for a decent paintbooth at least for 6 months until the new home is completed. Haven't even made a good dipping system yet, just dip each one by hand and wait a bit. Stole the wife's hairdryer to move up the process though. She wasn't too happy, but I replaced it anyways, (She will be a bit annoyed when she realizes it's the good old black and decker heat gun :pissed: ) :lol: Anyways, I'm going to buy a small bottle this week, and make a few of my own to test it out. Any recomendations for a good clear coat that is durable?

Miklos

Createx paint is the only paint I have used so far,and like it for the most part.The only thing I dont care for is its adhesion.It does not seem to "stick" very well to the primer.I have had a few scratches or rubs before top coating that I have had to touch up.Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it is? I am using Zinsser cover stain for primer on my plastic baits,should I be using something else?

Tom

I use alot of Createx paint's on my bait's an can tell you from first hand knowledge that some colors work fine right out of the bottle and some don't!

If you use the pearlized,iridescent,florerescent paints you basicaly don't have to water them down. But the flat colors you might want to thin down. Most time I use the flat colors 95% of the time I have to thin the paint to get no blobs on my needle tip. You can tell right away when you squeeze the paint out if you have to thin it or not.

some guy's say the thickness of milk, I like it so runs off my mixing stick a little faster than honey but not as fast as milk. I find with the milk theory your more likely to get a spider web effect and you going to lose it because I know would.

Any way I'll get down from the soap box now!

Robby.