Porkrind

Ecto-Craw Mold vs 736 Craw vs 720 Craw vs 736 Craw?

Ok I’ve been looking at some different craw molds and narrowed it down to these two. The Ecto-craw, the 720 craw, the 736 Craw, Mad Dad, or 702 craw. Each of these have quite a bit of action on the pinchers so really I’m just looking for advise on the experiences with each of these from the members here before I place my order. I’m leaning towards the Ecto-craw or Mad Dad. Thoughts? 

If you’re talking about the bass tackle 720 and 736 I have a little information. I have the 720 and have not got to use it on bass yet. I have ran it through the water of a local pond and it has tremendous action. I did email them about the 736 and 720  before ordering . The 720 has claw action similar to the Bob’s tackle 702 but a different body style. The 736 may look similar to the 702 in the picture but it is designed to produce a different action by using one pincure that is raised on top and the other pincure is raised on the bottom.   They described it as more of a flapping action.  As far as ordering from Bob’s tackle shack, I have no experience. I will say that all my email attempt to reach them have gone unsuccessful. 

2 minutes ago, underwatersniper said:

If you’re talking about the bass tackle 720 and 736 I have a little information. I have the 720 and have not got to use it on bass yet. I have ran it through the water of a local pond and it has tremendous action. I did email them about the 736 and 720  before ordering . The 720 has claw action similar to the Bob’s tackle 702 but a different body style. The 736 may look similar to the 702 in the picture but it is designed to produce a different action by using one pincure that is raised on top and the other pincure is raised on the bottom.   They described it as more of a flapping action.  As far as ordering from Bob’s tackle shack, I have no experience. I will say that all my email attempt to reach them have gone unsuccessful. 

Well dang maybe BTS isn’t up. I guess I don’t understand the difference besides the body between the 720 and 736. 

Couldn’t get the picture of the mad dad 3xl so here is the link. https://store.do-itmolds.com/Mad-Dad--3XL_p_68.html oh and as for your pet peeve I understand but new members see no pictures except in the gallery sooooo until someone explains it better then you will probably keep having threads pop up like this. Always feel free to ask the members for a picture if you are interested instead of venting and new members may not be be turned off by your responses and stick around. 

The Bob's Tackle Shack 702 has the best "flap" ...but your chances of finding a mold are probably zero at this moment in time. I have the mold and it is a fantastic trailer bait (the best), but the flap is kind of unrealistic if you are using it by itself in clear water. I would not sell you that mold for $1000 !

I fish the Mad Dad 3xl a LOT and is my favorite craw mold. It has "good flap" and a very realistic look. I use it in clear to moderately colored water. You can hand pour the belly and then inject the top and it really looks good!!! It is one of the few molds I have multiples of!

I also have the Do-it icraw which is super realistic and in clear water is absolute bass candy! You can go crazy pouring this thing to look super realistic if you have the time! The claws have no "flap" just "flutter" which is the most realistic but little sound value. KILLER up in Canada for smallmouth and walleyes!!!

I live in Minnesota and crawfish are a super important bass bait for both largemouth and smallmouth and I am very picky one which one I use and why.

• Like 1

Like I said BTS shows they don’t plan on resuming business until September so they are out. I think I’ll do a little more looking until I make my final decision. Besides making them for myself I have a good friend who fishes some tournaments and asked if I would mind making some for him so when we go fishing together or he’s goofing off he can try something different. I was talking with him today to see what he likes in his craws and he  gave me a ton of things to think about which means probably a few molds haha.