Eol2014

Air pocket in tubes

Need help..This is going to sound stupid but I cant figure it out.  i am getting a small air pocket where the splines join the body on tubes.   I am as careful as possible about air in plastic,  Ive shot at different temps 360F -325F., shot a different speeds.    Im using DO-IT mold and regular plastisol.   To make this odd is in the past with different colors this hasn't occured....   Any Idea's.  Thanks 

Is bubbling always around where the skirt starts?  If you haven’t already done so give the mold a good scrub with Dawn soap and and a brush. Also check to see that the insert is screwed in tight. Looking at your picture it would appear that your getting venting since I can see the little nub on top of the bait. 

Do you hold pressure when you inject?

I have had to scratch vent lines into the ends of thin details to get them to fill, but your skirt looks like it's filling fine.

If that little nib is where you have a vent in the mold, maybe air is being sucked back into the vent as the plastic cools.

Edited by mark poulson