Kris

How do you paint this pattern

Do you think its crackle Mark? It very well could be since I have been out of the game for a bit, but all the ways i have tried crackle you get raised edges where it splits but its been awhile since i have tried so maybe there are better ways now.

To me it looks like a tan/white base with a messy netting or a multi layer net job like a large hole net with a smaller hole net over the top and your choice green...the blue is probably a simple stencil since it has such sharp edge lines like an exacto cut into plastic. the rest is a basic craw. 

1 hour ago, Matt Moreau said:

Do you think its crackle Mark? It very well could be since I have been out of the game for a bit, but all the ways i have tried crackle you get raised edges where it splits but its been awhile since i have tried so maybe there are better ways now.

To me it looks like a tan/white base with a messy netting or a multi layer net job like a large hole net with a smaller hole net over the top and your choice green...the blue is probably a simple stencil since it has such sharp edge lines like an exacto cut into plastic. the rest is a basic craw. 

What you said makes sense.  The green pattern looked so random I assumed it was some sort of crackle. 

I used to do an avocado net overlay of my tulle scale netting to get a similar effect.  It's been so long since I did it I forgot what it looked like.

I love this topic. The postings give several ways of accomplishing the same thing. 

If I were doing this with Createx paints I'd start with something like this:

Base coat: White

bottom: Flo sunburst

Above this: Sky blue

Mask

Over blue and to top: O white

top to upper 1/3:  tan (faded) 

Remask in different spot

Above blue: T leaf green sprayed at an angle.

unmask

top and tone: T leaf green

Remask in different spot

random sporatic pattern: T dark forest green.  

unmask

perhaps a touch on top: same

Shadow stencil: Candy black (1 drop T black, 3 drops T base, reducer to taste)

top and tone: same.

You may have to experiment a little - esp about when to put those blue lines.

• Like 1