Gone Out Fishin

Tutorial: Crafting Basic Trolling Spinners

Hey guys,

Last weekend I was going through some of my trolling spinners. My buddy has asked me why I had so many of these "harnesses" as he called them. I told him what they are then showed him how to make them. After getting a bunch more questions he asked me to create a basic video to use.

I've been building variations of these spinners, strip-ons, and live bait harnesses for years. They work wonders covering lots of water to find active fish. Last summer I had caught walleye, perch, pike, musky, bullheads, different panfish species.

I want to see what you guys think about it. 

Thanks for your time,

Scott

Hey Anglina,

Thanks for the welcome. I typically use a "leech rig" with all the rocks and heavy weed beds I am fishing. But I keep a stinger hook or nightcrawler harness available in my main colors. In the next video, my plan is to show how to make a 2 or 3 hook crawler harness. But I agree with you that walleye can be pesky.

I'll be looking up that knot shortly. I plan to be heading up on the north shore of Lake Superior to try and get some Steelhead/Kamloops. 

Limp are you using this rigs at the mouth of the river or in the pools of the river within the eddies? The fact you mentioned shrimp you must be on the Pacific Coast with the really big fish. In my youth, I'd use Crawdads in the weaker current when the fish take a rest.

1 hour ago, Gone Out Fishin said:

I'll be looking up that knot shortly. I plan to be heading up on the north shore of Lake Superior to try and get some Steelhead/Kamloops. 

Limp are you using this rigs at the mouth of the river or in the pools of the river within the eddies? The fact you mentioned shrimp you must be on the Pacific Coast with the really big fish. In my youth, I'd use Crawdads in the weaker current when the fish take a rest.

I hope to fish the Great Lakes some day.  Erie is the closest.