Personal preference. 

I prefer to wet the screw threads, coat with a gel superglue, then insert.  Superglue cures from the moisture in the air and if the screw hole is tight or you are inserting into something non-porus, then once in a great while it won't cure inside.  The moisture on the screw threads helps with that and the gel is a slower curing form of superglue.

Just my personal preference.  

I run the screw eye in and back out again, to cut the threads in the pilot hole.  Then I coat the screw threads with gap filling super glue and run it back in.  The gap filling glue gives me enough time to adjust the eye to get it aligned, and the squeeze out creates a faring that locks the eye, keeping it from unscrewing.

For balsa baits, after I've done the initial in and out, I put a couple of drops of runny super glue into the hole and use a thin wire to get it down as far as I can.  Then I do the same gap filling screw installation.  I think the runny glue reinforces the wood around the threads in the balsa.

• Like 1