Mad Moose Baits

How much powder paint per 100 spinnerbaits?

Hey Mad, don't want you to be mad, so I will bump you to the top.  LOL

I suspect that you don't have answers because none of us have ever monitored it.  I tested a Harbor Freight powder paint spray gun and I was impressed, so I bet TJ's is better  I found I could control the amount of paint so much better, so I kind of thought it would last forever, but I know it would not.  I did set up a box to spray into and collected some of the overspray and reused it as well.

Here are my thoughts.  I bet a standard 2 oz bottle would do a couple hundred 3/8 oz spinnerbaits.  But, I cannot be sure.

Like I said, at least I can bump you back to the top.  :D

• Like 1

I've been using that spray gun for a long time, over a decade and your question is hard to answer precisely. The main reason is the colors differ in how they spray and the coverage so the amount of baits you could do with say a 2oz jar of white will be different than what you do with chartreuse or red. My best guess would be that 100 3/8oz spinnerbaits fully covered with 1 color would take about 1oz, a little more with some colors, a little less with others. The colors that would take the most powder would be white and chartreuse.  That is the closest figure I can give you but if you want to break down costs you can weigh your bottle with 2oz of powder and then spray a 3/8oz bait and then weigh the bottle again and see how much you used and then figure out how many times you can spray that amount to use up the 2oz and you'll have your answer but just estimated I think 200 baits per 2oz of paint is a good number

• Like 1