So my order for some KBS clear coat came in today, I had to leave the 2 ton epoxy it was just too messy for me and time consuming (THATS JUST ME) but my question here is DO I SINGLE COAT MY LURES OR DOUBLE? and I will say i dunked about 25 crank baits I made and it took me only about 5 minutes total I LOVE HOW FAST I CAN COAT MY LURES NOW! also I barely used any clear coat so spending $50 on a quart of KBS will go a LOOOOONNNGGG WAAAAYYY! but I'm a newbie so will see. So yeah so far I've only dunked them once so should that be enough or should I do a second coat?? THANK YOU in advance!

Definitely 2 coats at least. The directions say wait until you can touch it without leaving a finger print, but I usually wait over night until I recoat. I have never had a problem . Recoating to soon may cause bubbling from too thick of a coat. Apparently if all of the gases have not cured out of the first coat they form bubbles in the second coat.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BassQuatch INC said:

DO I SINGLE COAT MY LURES OR DOUBLE?

2 hours ago, Bassinfool said:

So usually just two coats, but you can do this as many times as you want to get the desired result.

2 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Definitely 2 coats at least.

My wife cannot take the smell, so it is off of my list of tools now.  But, IMHO the above responses are correct.

I found that one would work for my trout lures, but I usually ended up doing two.  I found my Pike lure required 3 or more, but looked awesome after just two.

Check out the search feature for storage issues so you don't loose all of that 

7 hours ago, BassQuatch INC said:

will go a LOOOOONNNGGG WAAAAYYY!