Gone Out Fishin

Tutorial: Crafting Nightcrawler Spinner Harness

Hellow fellow anglers,

Been a while since I've been on here.  My buddy asked me to make another video  I thought I would share this video for creating nightcrawler harnesses. I was thinking about using floats with it but don't have any. I only pull these out when the fish slow down burying themselves in the weeds or hang tight too structure.  

What are your options for these harnesses in general?  What would be a good way to spice them up? I've got hundreds of blades in different colors, sizes, and shapes. When do you use these spinners?

• Like 1

My favorite way is to tie the two hooks;  I snell the back hook, run the line through the front and do a steelhead snell so it will give me a specific distance between hooks.  I like to use steelhead corkies for the body to give it flotation.  I lead with 2 or 3 red beads to look like gills, then put on a quick change clevis for the blade.  I change blades often.  

I use these normally for Walleye off of bottom bouncers.  I can keep them just off bottom with the corkies for the body, but not float too far.

I normally don't fish them for trout or Bass or perch or catfish, but I sure catch my fair share with them when fishing for Walleye.

Edited by Anglinarcher

I am not familiar with the steelhead snell knot. I'll have to check it out. Steelhead corks. I'll have to check my trout/salmon box to see if I have any. I dismissed them initially due to their size. I will have have to get a couple bottom bouncers or small dipsy divers and give it a try.

Typically troll with the spinners in 10-foot depth and shallower. Just because more of the water I fish are smaller bodies of water with huge boulders everywhere or large weed beds. Once the water temp is 65 to 70*F then I will move to jigging smiley blades, jigs, jigging raps, or slip bobbers in 15-foot or deeper.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I use these spinners primarily for finding fish IE Walleye and Sauger but catch everything else.