JIGNPIG

Do-it mold Worm nose jig w screw lock

If you are pulling the head out of the mold by the hook then you are causing the problem. Try pulling the head out by the sprue, that will help. Also, if you are twisting or bending the sprue back and forth to remove it then that could be the issue and you would need a gate shears to cut the sprue free instead. If it is loose just from pouring it then you have a an issue with residue on the hook or somewhere that is keeping the lead from hardening around the hook.

3 hours ago, JIGNPIG said:

Hey guys, when I pour with this mold the lead head is loose, the power paint kinda fixes the problem for the short term, long term not so good.

has anyone figured a way to fix this problem? 

If you are referring to this Do -It mold  WRM-6-SLA then I am surprised that you are having a problem. I have poured quite a few of these with no loose screw-lok. One other thing to check, is make sure that the screw-lok shank doesn't protrude past the the head. Some screw-loks I noticed are not all the same size. The biggest issue would be in the smallest cavities.

Well Cadman I finally found some time to pour the nose head jigs. I poured 1/8 and 3/16 jigs. I still ended up with loose heads not the screw locks. The lead head wiggles from side to side. I was very careful how I pour them and removed them from the mold. I put the hooks under a heat light to warm them as I poured, removed them by the sprue and cut the sprue of with gate cutters. And yes I'm having the most problem is with the 1/8 oz cavities since that's the size we use a lot. Looking at the mold it just seems to me that there is very little lead the by the bend of the hook. Maybe have to alter the mold a bit. Any ideas?

10 hours ago, JIGNPIG said:

Well Cadman I finally found some time to pour the nose head jigs. I poured 1/8 and 3/16 jigs. I still ended up with loose heads not the screw locks. The lead head wiggles from side to side. I was very careful how I pour them and removed them from the mold. I put the hooks under a heat light to warm them as I poured, removed them by the sprue and cut the sprue of with gate cutters. And yes I'm having the most problem is with the 1/8 oz cavities since that's the size we use a lot. Looking at the mold it just seems to me that there is very little lead the by the bend of the hook. Maybe have to alter the mold a bit. Any ideas?

I figured you were going to have the most problems with the smallest head. Also yes the smallest head has the least lead to hold the hooks in place. Like you mentioned if you want the lead to hold it better, you will have to carve out the mold to get more lead to hold the head, however this will increase the weight of your head.  Powder paint will tighten up the heads when the jig is painted and baked. Other than that not many options.