reecekennedy

Oiling Your Injector?

New guy here. Trying to learn as I go along. After pouring about a gallon of plastic over the course of a couple days my injector has become very hard to use. It takes extreme force to pull plastic in and push plastic out. Do I need to oil my injector? If so, how do I do this? If not, what is wrong with my injector?

I keep a gallon of worm oil on hand  for this & packaging of baits too.I also keep a seperate bottle with a yorker style cap with worm oil from the gallon jug that i use just for oiling the injector because there will be small peices of plastic & flake come out sometimes after oiling. When my injector starts to tighten up i pop the end off & pour some down it with the piston pulled down about an inch & pull plunger all the way to where it would be when full of plastic & then reinstall end & squirt it back into the bottle. Works great.

• Like 1

I have not used his injector. The general consensus is to go with basstackle.com. I have their single and double injector and they are awesome. As far as baitmold.com, I have some of their molds and they are good. I do have one problem with them though. One of my aluminum molds and one of my stone molds has the alignment pegs loose and you have to constantly reseat them.

Can I use a canola base cooking spray and should I lightly spray the molds also or wait till I can get some worm oil I'm on disability and my budgets very tight so I'm getting stuff when I can  I have a few molds and injectors already one single and one double with the laminate block waiting till after the holidays to start getting more items but I have gotten a bunch of old baits to remeltand try my hand at it 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, Rich Shimek said:

Can I use a canola base cooking spray and should I lightly spray the molds also or wait till I can get some worm oil I'm on disability and my budgets very tight so I'm getting stuff when I can  I have a few molds and injectors already one single and one double with the laminate block waiting till after the holidays to start getting more items but I have gotten a bunch of old baits to remeltand try my hand at it 

I'm using the Pam that is canola based. Works great with no side effects.

• Like 1