Curt - NC

Lure Contest Judging Underway

Judging for the 2018 Coolest Lure Contest is currently underway.

As always, it's going to be tough. There were lots of excellent entries!

On another note, I'm seriously unimpressed with the number of people who either can't read or just didn't bother to read the rules. I've had to spend the last hour plus deleting duplicate entries. And that's only in two categories so far. SMH

Yeas thats really a shame.... but still in catagory best homade bait there are still entries that show more than one bait or those who previosly submitted more than 1 pic..... rules call for immediate disqual!!  I.e Blackeye..had more than 1 pic, Swimb8s still has 2 pics..etc. maybe u need admin help?

1 hour ago, Turtle Lures said:

Yeas thats really a shame.... but still in catagory best homade bait there are still entries that show more than one bait or those who previosly submitted more than 1 pic..... rules call for immediate disqual!!  I.e Blackeye..had more than 1 pic, Swimb8s still has 2 pics..etc. maybe u need admin help?

I believe Curt cleaned that up as I don't see any duplicates now. 

2 hours ago, Bogbaits said:

Wasn't this contest to be judged and winner announced on the 13th and prizes awarded today???

There was a slight delay because there were only 3 judges, and one of them's son (police officer) was shot.  Luckily, in the arm, but still he had more important things on his mind.  I'm sure the winners will be announced soon. 

• Like 1

Regarding multiple photos, and entries, I’ll apologize for being one of the culprits.  I didn’t see that set of rules. What I saw was that you could upload multiple photos, and that people had previously posted multiples. I also saw the rules at the top of the hardbait page, which did not mention multiples. My thinking was that the judges would probably like to see at least both sides of the lure, if for nothing else but to make sure it’s completed. Well, now I know better for next time.