RTM

Bears melting pot part

Hey Everyone,

While i I wait until ultra molds answers their phone, thought I would throw this question out there.  We have what I believe to be the older bears mixing pots with the silver control box.  It has the mechanical heat temp dial.   We  have to have the center of the mixing block pressed out about once a year from it refusing to rotate open, not a big deal, but one of the heat probes broke off at the wire connection.  SO, anybody have the specs and/source for the heating element/probe/cartridge thing?   I found a few online but had way too many options.

thanks!!

Ryan

3 hours ago, tj1@ix.netcom.com said:

Hey guys is Bears still in business.  What other pot and mixer would be as good.

Thanks

TJ

No they're not in business any longer. 

Best pot system available right now is Ultra Molds systems, they have a large and a small setup available

20 hours ago, DaveMc1 said:

No they're not in business any longer. 

Best pot system available right now is Ultra Molds systems, they have a large and a small setup available

What does their Shooting Star system give you that you can't get from a pair of Presto pots? Less mess? I can get up to 6  quart Presto pots and I don't need as much electrical capacity in my garage to use those.

I'm just getting started and cash is not plentiful so the pots are pretty attractive compared to the Shooting Star.

1 hour ago, Elf said:

What does their Shooting Star system give you that you can't get from a pair of Presto pots? Less mess? I can get up to 6  quart Presto pots and I don't need as much electrical capacity in my garage to use those.

I'm just getting started and cash is not plentiful so the pots are pretty attractive compared to the Shooting Star.

27 minutes ago, Baitjunkys said:

A whole lot less headache.....

What BaitJunkys said, a TON less headaches. 

For starters, on a presto pot the heating element is cast into the bottom of the pot, with VERY minimal cast aluminum between the plastic and the heat, it can (and has for me) caused problems maintaining light/transparent colours at temperature. The SS heater is cut into an aluminum base plate that the pot is attached to (the first version of the large system, not sure about the small or the new version they're working on) It gives more material between the heat and the plastic to dissipate the heat and eliminate hot spots. The pots on the large setups I am running (2.5 gallon pots) are insulated stainless, they hold heat far better than presto pots do. The injectors are a very compact twin barrel unit, you can shoot single colour or laminate without messing with a blending block and with the fill valves at the front of the system there is no need to submerge the injector into the plastic. FAR more pros than cons and far outperforms a presto pot setup (had 2 presto setups going before I bought these units)

2 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

A whole lot less headache.....

Yeah I would agree to the extent that there are other options but show some respect he was in it from the start and it was the bee's knee's when he started to offer it, the fact that there are other options doesn't take away from what that system does and can do, and don't go down that road with me I don't cosign your BS

23 minutes ago, gone2long said:

Yeah I would agree to the extent that there are other options but show some respect he was in it from the start and it was the bee's knee's when he started to offer it, the fact that there are other options doesn't take away from what that system does and can do, and don't go down that road with me I don't cosign your BS

You talking about BS ?  He simply said that the shooting star was a lot less headache. I personally don't think he meant a thing by that.

• Like 1