curtisb

Do It slip jig cleanining?

I would think you could run a wire that is slightly smaller then the hole through it right after powder painting but before baking it to set the paint.  The paint would be uncured so you would be able to push it out and the hole would smooth out after baking it.

Baking to cure the paint would/could be difficult, have to hang on a small wire to cure.  That's how I did buzz blades and the holes stayed open.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EironBreaker said:

I would think you could run a wire that is slightly smaller then the hole through it right after powder painting but before baking it to set the paint.  The paint would be uncured so you would be able to push it out and the hole would smooth out after baking it.

Baking to cure the paint would/could be difficult, have to hang on a small wire to cure.  That's how I did buzz blades and the holes stayed open.

This ^^^^ I paint mine using an .051 wire ran through the center, with a 90degree bend on the end (with the shoulder/barb down against the wire bend). I used to hang them from a wire to cure but paint so many inline spinner and slip heads, now, that I build a bunch of racks for baking.

I use 5-6 wires while painting, by time I paint the 5th or 6th (size dependent) the 1rst one is ready to be removed from the wire so the wire can be reused. When you get to much paint buildup on the wire, a knife will scrape it off. If you paint with an open flame (like I do), you can also burn the paint off and have a spotless wire ready for the next time you paint.

Almost forgot, as soon as I'm done painting, I push the head up past the paint buildup. It's a lot easier than letting the head cool then trying to get it to break free from the buildup.

• Like 1