alex p

Junebug or purple?

I would like to start by saying that i'm new to this.  I've searched the fourm but cant seem to locate the answer i'm looking for,  I'm trying to replicate the Yumdinger "junebug" color which when looking at it appears to be a deep blue.  However, if you cut a small piece its actually a shade of purple with small blue flakes and larger green flakes.  Ive tried MF and Lurecraft june bug and even tried mixing in some blue.  But it comes out more of a red wine or too much blue.  Has anyone recreated this shade of "junebug"?  Should I just try different shades of purple?  If this has already been answered, please show me the link.  I'm wasting so much plastic trying to get this color correct.

You might want to try LureWorks Violet 193. It is a strong Purple that has a blue-ish undertone that your looking for.  It is has a thermocromatic characteristic when hot; it will take on a pink or red shade. Let the bait fully cool before rendering a judgement on how it looks or finalizing your formulation. It is a good alternative to the Junebug 125 that is no longer available. A single colorant is usually preferable to having to mix multiple colorants.

• Like 1

So.... I just ordered lurecraft black grape.  Lureworks violet and florida grape...  Hopefully one of these will give the color I'm looking for.  I've figured out the greens and cotton candy which were pretty easy.  This has been testing me.

Thank you everyone for all the information, it has been a huge help.  Are we allowed to post pictures on these threads?

Good deal. It's hard to match some colors sometimes without adding a drop of this or a drop of that colorant. If you do happen to use the Lureworks violet 193 don't go into shock like i did when you demold & your baits are a nice deep red. lol It's the nature of the beast like McLuvin said & it will cure up a nice purple when fully cured.  A little pthalo blue in it & you can match zooms junebug to a tee so i'd say you could match the other brands junebug pretty easy with it too.

Edited by Les Young