3 hours ago, Ichthus said:

It doesn’t react with plastics in my experience. I left some test baits in my car console last summer with various skirts and worms next to it and nothing happened.

I hope you're right!  I just coated my first two 2.5 squarebills with KBS Diamond Clear.  I keep my cranks on one side of my front deck, and my soft plastics on the other, because I've used some top coats that react with soft plastics, so it's become a habit with me.

I'm going to keep that habit, because Rustoleum X2 Gloss Clear is such an easy, and cheap, top coat to use, especially on jointed baits.  Plus it really makes paint schemes pop!  But it doesn't play nice with soft plastics.

So far, my one KBS dip coat has held up fine.  I fished one of the cranks hard the past two weeks.  I haven't noticed any hook rash, or haziness from bumping into tules, and going through grass.   I haven't encountered rocks yet, but the levee walls are rock lined, and that is a great high tide bait, on the inside weed line, so that time is fast approaching.

I haven't had one of the KBS coated baits in contact with soft plastics...yet!   I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually, and I'll report back on how it reacts with soft plastics at that time.

9 hours ago, whitaker201 said:

I used the dealer finder on the KBS diamond coatings website to see who was the local dealers. I did have to call a few to find out how had it in stock, but I picked up my small can at a local NAPA autoparts store.

I have not tested it for an interaction with plastic worms yet.

Thanks, I shoukd have thought to check out the website.

I got mine off Amazon which was the best price I could find at the time with free shipping.  I usually dip my baits 2-3 times and they're good to go.  A couple of them have a little bit of hook rash but it's no quicker than any of the commercial baits out there so I've been more than happy with its performance.

4 hours ago, Bassinfool said:

I got mine off Amazon which was the best price I could find at the time with free shipping.  I usually dip my baits 2-3 times and they're good to go.  A couple of them have a little bit of hook rash but it's no quicker than any of the commercial baits out there so I've been more than happy with its performance.

Try putting some clear nail polish over the hook rash areas.  That stuff is tough. 

After I've painted a bait, and top coated it with Rustoleum X2  Gloss Clear, I put a coat of nail polish over the path of the trebles, and don't get hook rash.  

But I don't paint trolling lures, so I don't know how it would hold up to trolling.

5 hours ago, ravenlures said:

Just one more question. How do your bills or lips hold up if dipped with the lure.

I can't wait for the ice to go out here so I can try out some lures.

Wayne

So far, so good.  I anticipate grinding some rip rap rock this weekend, so we'll see how it holds up, but it has weathered both tules and grass so far.

I sent some baits that were triple coated with the spray stuff to my friend who was pike fishing in Canada. Past baits I’d sent to him came back with little or no paint. KBS ones seemed to have more paint in tact. 

PS Mark, if you’re going to the delta, I’m jealous. I’m on Oklahoma for school right now.....

• Like 1

I’ve had a friend already go after pike with the kbs just to test the coat. I’m from California so I don’t have to worry about pike. The kbs held up a lot better than we expected. I put on 3 coats of the spray stuff because I was in a hurry and it held up nicely.

• Like 1