Kris

KBS Brushing Question

Been considering trying KBS and moving from Devcon 2 Epoxy.  Been reading here and online about KBS Diamond Coating and came across some info on KBS site that KBS Diamond Coating can be brushed on.  

Wondering if anyone brushes instead of dipping or spraying?

For those who dip how do you keep the coating from pooling in the hook hangers while its hang drying?  Wondering how much gathers at bottom of bait while hanging.

Thanks.

I haven’t used KBS but brush Dick Nite MCU, which is similar.  I don’t  worry about the hook hangers until the MCU has cured hard.  Then I use a Dremel with a micro drill bit to clean out the hangers.  A Dremel wire brush would also work.  Takes about a minute per bait.  I flood coat the baits with a brush quickly and hang them to dry.  I’m sure the thickness at the tail is probably greater but MCU is thin enough in viscosity when just applied that the excess drips off the tail in a few seconds and any fore/aft difference is unnoticeable.  You definitely don’t want to rotate the bait as that can result in bubbles anywhere the finish pools during rotation.

I have sprayed the KBS for my larger Baits--- Works Nice--have to keep the tip clean and clear between sprayings... I have dipped smaller bass size baits also... I either use a bait turning wheel if I dip a bunch---but for dipping just 1 or 2 baits--I just hang them and flip flop front to back a few times---The KBS sets up fast and say in 10 minutes or so it will not run so you can just let them hang until completely dry.... I really like the KBS for baits that you don't want t use the thick epoxy on.