Kscatman76

chatterbait from a Football head?

The football head makes a good chatterbait or should I say "bladed jig" to keep the lawyers at bay...LOL!!   I personally prefer the Trokar swim jig, but the football head is liked by those who want that knocking sound to be front and center. I've used it and what I can tell you is this, the swim jig head is nice and erratic and works being pulled though sparse sections of grass, the fooball head is erratic but a little less so, it takes more speed to get the same action as the swim jig. Where it shines is noise, you'll quickly notice how much contact the blade is making with the head as the ends of the football head will be chipped pretty well, and this is with the blade attached by split ring. If you are using a regular eye football head and attaching the blade direct to the hook eye I don't thing there would be enough blade movement for it to be worthwhile using but on a split ring it does make some noise.

• Like 3

I will be using the split ring.  I notice on my trokar swim jig head the paint is chipped on the edges also so I know it's making contact and has an awesome erratic movement.  My goal was to make a bigger/heavier "bladed jig" for fishing deep water points especially in the summer.  give them perhaps a little different look.  Thanks for the info I sure appreciate it!