Chuck Young

Search function

I am having a horrible time with the search function on this site. The first search always comes up 0. Then, after widening the search to include everything and every date, it comes up 0 again. Am I the only one having this problem? Or is the search function actually as useless as a bubblegum machine in a lock-jaw ward?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chuck Young said:

I am having a horrible time with the search function on this site. The first search always comes up 0. Then, after widening the search to include everything and every date, it comes up 0 again. Am I the only one having this problem? Or is the search function actually as useless as a bubblegum machine in a lock-jaw ward?

I have the same problem.

I have noticed when I use the search in the upper left corner of the  screen, I tend to get "0" results. Then if I remove the "+" symbol from between the key words and hit search again I will get results.  If using the search from under the "Activity" heading , it tends to work better. I wonder how many new guys try the upper left search and get no results, hence the same common questions over and over.

Okay I just checked on both of them.  Searched "bubbles in plastic" in the upper left and got zero, but the search function under Activity gave me enough info to  write a novel.  LOL

Those of you who are having trouble, are you using the upper left?  Try under Activity and see if that works. 

The search function in the upper left works for me, however I mainly just use a single keyword. The keyword has to be at least four characters, or it brings up zero hits. So when I searched for KBS I got zero hits, but I typed in diamond and there were pages of results.

I usually prefer the upper left search because it is easier for me to direct the search from all content to specific content, usually only on the hardbait forum.

Is there any chance of getting the obvious search function fixed? We lecture people all the time to use the search feature before posting a question. Who is going to know to look under the activity tab? It is a little frustrating. It is also the sort of thing that my mind will not remember for long.