Yak_addict_785

Need help identifying the body material on these crappie jigs.

Hello I'm new to tying jigs and  was wondering if anybody can tell me the green material used on these bodies? To my knowledge they don't sell these specific ones any longer and would like to try to make some myself as similar as possible. Ill attach a picture. Thanks 

543718572_2.jpg

Edited by Yak_addict_785

Hard to tell since they are in the package, but a lot of those type of jigs are tied using chenille which gives the body a nice segmented look.

http://www.feather-craft.com/danville-chenille-size-medium

I tie a lot of crappie and bluegill flys with medium and small chenille.

Check out the "Bully Bug" ...the worlds best bluegill (crappie, perch, etc!) fly!!! It's a chenille body.

http://www.flyfishohio.com/Bullys_Spider.htm

If you don't fly fish you can tie it on a small round head jig and it's killer!!!!

Andy

• Like 1

What you got is rayon chenille, close enough but the nylon is different and based on how close the color is then I'm saying that for sure it is nylon chenille. You can get it at Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs but he doesn't have that color, and that is what I'm saying, I believe Lion Brand made nylon chenille and they discontinued it so if you like that color and find Kelly green nylon chenille buy all of it you can as chances are it is no longer made.

Ok I see what your saying now. I didn't even catch that earlierwhere it said rayon instead of nylon. So I got the right color just wrong type of chenille, That makes sense! Too bad they don't still make it, the rayon will have to do. And thats ok, its close enough for me. Thank you Smalljaw!