Guest DiyEngineer

PVC Formulas #3DH

Guest DiyEngineer

This formula was designed to be extra heavy for far casting or deep water fishing, without the use of salt or glass(I will do some with these in the future), It uses tungsten-iron-silica powder (aka black sand), i would recommend this recipe for anyone with a ball mill( as the powder must be fine). When handling this material please wear a face mask, goggles, and remove any nearby magnets. Please work out side if possible, when it is not windy. Formula 3DH or 3-third D-Durable H-Heavy. Keep in mind that this formula is theoretical, reason is I don't know what you may be working with as far as equipment.

Percentage of Materials

-67% DINP Plastecizer

-15% Emulsion PVC Paste Resin

-2% Soybean oil or Mineral oil (90% pure mineral oil)

-3% Tin Thermal Stabaliser (Tetramethyltin)

-5% Dispersent (website on dispersents https://www.byk.com/en/additives/applications/plastics-industry/pvc-plastisols.php I do not work for any of the companies mentioned in this website)

-8% Black Sand .1 microns to .75 microns

Guest DiyEngineer

DNIP is not readily available at most retail stores except in ones specializing in plastics, industrial materials, or lab materials such as grainger  industrial co. since you are making this amount i would recommend looking for local non-order retail stores that might reduce costs, if not try ordering online.

Edited by DiyEngineer

Guest DiyEngineer

Highlander, i use the seventh grade or PG680 type from the site, here is the site i buy it from https://www.scgchemicals.com/en/products-services/product-type/pvc/pvc-paste-resin. Order of the way you add ingredients is (I assume your are asking this) E-PVC paste resin,and Tin Stabilizer then place it in the container you want to heat the mixture in then add the DINP, one third of the oil, with the dispersent, turn the heat to roughly to 360-375 degrees Fahrenheit, leave it for 20 seconds (with stirring) then stir in black sand and afterward mold or shape and then coat with the oil. Thank you for asking.