one-off baits

Divided cup question not answered by a search. Please help

I'e gotten a handle on how to build the cup. I'l be using an aluminum road sign I have. I'm still trying to find a divider material that I'll be more "comfortable" using in the microwave. Considering some of MF's rigid silicone and pouring out a thin slab.

Anyways, The issue I haven't been able to find is which kind of JB WELD is needed? There are several kinds and none were specified in the topics I read even though the question was asked by someone else. 

11 hours ago, one-off baits said:

I'e been considering a hot plate. What temp would you set the empty pyrex at? 

Do you try to pour the colors back into the microwaved containers for the reheat?

I just want the hot plate too hot to put a bare hand on.  I just want to keep it warm.

No I don't put it back in.  I have to let it set up before I can take it out of the cup.  I try to not over fill but that takes some time to figure out.

I made and posted the first Divided Cup here at TackleUnderground. Still have it and it still works.

I used the Original Cold-Weld Formula J-B Weld.

Jig Man answers are good. Most of the heating and reheating is done in each colors own cup.

I will add hot plastic to my divided cup, mixing the hot with the cooler plastic. 

I will blast the divided cup in the microwave for about 30 seconds if needed.

You just need to find a system that works best for you.

Have fun.

Just make sure your aluminum is not shiny.

• Like 1