Jig Man

Lure Craft baby brush hog mold

I just got this mold yesterday.  I went out and did some shoots this am.  I found that I could not get the flaps to consistently fill (they looked like a spade from a deck of cards) unless I oiled them before shooting.  I also had several tails not complete (never on a first shoot but quite often on subsequent shoots).   I'm beginning to wonder it that mold shoots best with the plastisol quite hot.

If you have one, what works best for you?

I went back and did my mid winter heat everything up method.  Even with the injectors warm, the plastisol 340°, and the mold warm, I got incomplete tail shoots unless I oiled it at least every other shoot.

I'd really like to find a way besides all this oil to shoot the baits.

Edited by Jig Man

2 hours ago, wannabe said:

I'm not really sure. I had a mold on order before he went out on medical. I finally got the mold. I emailed him about another order, but got no reply

I placed a new order about a month ago and received it in 3 weeks.  Don't mean to hijack the thread, just relaying info.

6 hours ago, army-boot said:

I placed a new order about a month ago and received it in 3 weeks.  Don't mean to hijack the thread, just relaying info.

I tried calling him after looking at the web site.  Phone number no good.  I'd jump all over the mold if I thought I could get one.