Cub48

Anyone use a Fresh air Mask

I am looking into buying a fresh air mask system. I was wondering if anyone is using  a fresh air system. I have used the filter mask over the last few years and have fans for vent. I am going to need to go to a fresh air system or stop making baits. I have looked at all the systems on ebay and though of making my own but was wanting everyones sugestion and info. Cub48

I have only seen them for dust, and the intake was on a belt mounted power pack and filter.  But that was 20+ years ago.

You can check a woodworking supply store like Rockler to see what's available now:

http://www.rockler.com/search/go?w=dust masks

In order for a mask that filters organic vapors to work, it has to have the proper organic vapor filter with a large capacity, and a fan system to deliver the clean air.

Maybe Grainger's would carry that kind of mask.

The fresh air system i am looking at has a pump that u set outside of your shop and it pushes air into your mask. There are ones that are on your waist belt but that would not any better than a regular respirator .I was wonder if anyone had made their own. I also saw the ones that use the compressor air don't think i would want that as the tank collects moisture and rust, with oil from the cylinder.Cub48

I use one for painting soft plastics. Works great. A little more annoying to use do to the hose and air pushing on your face but I find that even when wearing a mask with organic vapour filters, plastisol gives me a dry throat and I am sure it is not great on the lungs.