Painter1

spin cast molds

I saw this video and am now wondering how much it costs to buy or make the machine and also how much it costs to have the molds made.  I’m not seeking to make knock-off products but have a single custom made injection mold that catches fish here in the Ozarks.  I’m looking at options to either have more copies of my mold made or do something like this.

Your information is most welcome.

23 hours ago, MonteSS said:

I see no advantage of this over a large or multiple injection molds.

Takes forever for him to assemble/disassemble and  No salt or it will all go to the tips. No sure if flake will too.

I wonder if hilite powder would also move to the tails.

I also wonder if you could do a two color with chart. tails and another color for the bodies.

It looks interesting, but I don't think it's for me.  

Edited by mark poulson

You would not be able to run anything in that other than solid colors. Anything that can settle out of the plastic while it sits would all end up in the tails, so definitely no salt or glitter. This is just a simple centrifuge essentially, so anything heavier than the media will end up at the tails. Also, any inconsistency in your plastic could cause you problems too.  

• Like 1