StarlightWarden

Spinner Body Weights

So I'm a big fan of using spinners, my preference is usually a 1/4th OZ spinner of any sort, mostly Panther Martin, Rooster Tail, and even the Terminator spinner which is hard to come by these days in that size. I have been wanting to make my own spinners for a while but never really looked into the weights for the spinner body themselves, my hope is to combine the willow mag style blade similar to a Terminator, with similar color likened to a Rooster Tail spinner.  This is where I figured I'd ask into this a bit. 

For those who make their own spinners, or are familiar with 1/4th OZ spinners like a Panther Martin, Rooster Tail, ect, is the spinner weight itself determined by just the body weight or rather the lure as a whole?
I know particular bodies I am searching for will not be exactly that weight (Which is okay since there's so many styles like a bell with a ticker inside), just knowing what weight body to use  to roughly get a 1/4 OZ weight lure would be helpful.

Edited by StarlightWarden

it depends on all the tackle you are using .........size wire,blade size and manufacturer, hook size and finish, this is all relatives to the weight of the spinner. I make a .23 oz and a .26 oz inline spinners, the difference in weight is size and number of beads. my bodies are just under 3/16oz

hope this helps.