Tuna

Presenting Crankbaits

I'm scheduled to do a couple of small fishing shows with my created cranks. What is the best way to present them? I've thought about an album with hi-res photos of all baits and patterns. Also thought about a plexi covered show cases that I would make. Can anyone share a display technique that seems to work for a single table? I will have one helper at each event. Thanks.

BTW, all is going well with my finger applying isopropyl 91% thinned Devcon technique. For some reason the isopropyl 91% leaves a smoother leveling finish than thinning with denatured alcohol. Any bubbles are removed with a blow dryer while baits are on a rotisserie. I can generally get 9 baits done with a 300 gram batch. At this rate, I will get more than 350 blanks, 40 of which are large spook type baits, done using my set of 4oz. bottles.

Have to extend my thanks once again for the inspiration and advice posted to this forum through advice, articles, recipes and photos.

The Tuna Works

Edited by Tuna

I can only speak as a buyer, not a seller, but I like to be able to handle a bait in a clear plastic box so I can see what it’s like close up in detail before deciding whether it would be something I’d pay money for.  A display case showing the available color schemes, or a color scheme chart is nice if you are more interested in later orders, but hands on is where it’s at for me.

Edited by BobP
  • Like 2

Woow..cool! For example, I've been in this hobby recently be reading special posts on  PapersOwl Canada and I'm interested i role as a freshman.  Tell me please how  you want to create a show, I would like to see this reality and you need to organize it on a more global level than in electronic form. I'd love to visit something like that.

• Like 1

I paint 34+ patterns on 24 different blanks. Started the hobby in late January 2018.  In all, I've spent just under 1k for equipment, custom mixed from recorded recipes and indexed cheap craft paints, misc materials and 360 blanks.  Did my first invitation only shows for 5 friends last week to test out my creative patterns. Sold 36. I now consider some of them better friends. Looks like my decision to do more unique but sensible patterns is paying off. Nice to see photos with lure in a bass' mouth on facebook. Need to sell about 120 more to break even. No hurry though, I like them all and if I didn't sell another it would still be worth it for the experience!

06.jpg

• Like 1