mark poulson

Safely and accurately applying chart. dip and dye

I just figured out how to put a small amount of dip and dye on my plastic baits, without dunking them and going too deep.

I shake the plastic bottle, set it down, take the top off the bottle and lay it next to the open bottle.  Then I take the claws, or swimbait tail, that I want to dye, and push it into the cap.  There's enough dye left from me shaking the bottle to dye one bait, and that way I have more control over where the dye goes.

I use the pens as well, and actually prefer to use them, but I carry a bottle, too, because the pens dry out sometimes.

Just something that works for me. 

Do not try it on a windy day, or in rough water, unless you have a dye-proof area in your boat to do your dye work.   Otherwise you will wind up with chartreuse carpet, sooner or later.

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 8:12 PM, mark poulson said:

Do not try it on a windy day, or in rough water, unless you have a dye-proof area in your boat to do your dye work.   Otherwise you will wind up with chartreuse carpet, sooner or later.

Yep been there done that. lol

• Like 1