Shmido

how i make my spinners

Very nice!!!! I'm assuming you carved the lure bodies out of wood and used those to make the mold??  The other question I have is about the paint, while the hand painting looks fantastic, I have to wonder with all the other investment in time to make your lure look really good, why didn't you chose to go with an airbrush?  Don't get me wrong, the hand paint you've done looks exceptional but I would think an airbrush would be easier and offer you more options in your paint schemes.  Just to make sure you understand what I'm saying, I think you've done an outstanding job, super nice baits, I'm just asking a question about the airbrush because I have to admit, the level of detail you did with that brush by hand is unreal, I'm just curious as to why  you wanted to do it like that.

thx guys for all the compliments.the body of the prototyp is made of Wood,correct.i use a saw and sandpaper to shape them.i tried to paint them with airbrush,but i did not liked the result.first,i am a graffiti-Veteran,but a airbrush-beginner.for simple patterns i sometimes use a spraycan or airbrush.but i prefer to use brush and stick,very unique look,i can cover "repaired" and  uneven spots on the concrete-body with the thick paint.and the paint actually holds to the body very good.after 2 coatings of etex it is good protected.@smalljaw:i completly get your point.at the moment it is only a winterhobby.feels like Meditation, i enjoy painting These Little fellas. but for the black dots i should use stencils and airbrush,otherwise i Need glasses very soon :-)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shmido said:

thx guys for all the compliments.the body of the prototyp is made of Wood,correct.i use a saw and sandpaper to shape them.i tried to paint them with airbrush,but i did not liked the result.first,i am a graffiti-Veteran,but a airbrush-beginner.for simple patterns i sometimes use a spraycan or airbrush.but i prefer to use brush and stick,very unique look,i can cover "repaired" and  uneven spots on the concrete-body with the thick paint.and the paint actually holds to the body very good.after 2 coatings of etex it is good protected.@smalljaw:i completly get your point.at the moment it is only a winterhobby.feels like Meditation, i enjoy painting These Little fellas. but for the black dots i should use stencils and airbrush,otherwise i Need glasses very soon :-)

I get it!!! I just think that they are fantastic the way you are doing them and I wasn't sure how the paint would hold up. Making lures is a good way to relax and "fish" when we can't be on the water. When you decide to make a new color or new body type it would be cool to post a picture or two in the gallery section, I really like these as they are different and so seeing more of them would be a treat.

• Like 1

you`re welcome:-)i hope it is a inspiration for some of you..a lot of work,but it is worth it.it is always nice to catch fish with diy-lures:fly,streamer,Wobbler,spinner,spinnerbait,topwaterlures and so on..Keep on building :-)

• Like 1