woodsac

Wholesale

Let's talk wholesale. Yesterday, out of the blue, I had a very popular CA tackle shop place a small order. Later, the owner asked if I would be interested in wholesaling to retailers? Of course I'm interested :D

But, I don't know anything about it! This is a major CA bass tackle shop. What should I expect quantity wise? (Quantity isn't a huge concern). What I really need to know is how to base my prices?

To try and make it easier (on me B) ) let's say that I normally sale all my baits for $3.00 per pack. How can I use that to do the math?

It's probably different with soft plastics, but I try to think "100-counts". For example, the price range you mentioned (3.00 per 10-pack).........

I'd sell those to stores at 22.00 per 100 'cuz I know they're gonna put them on the wall at 3.50 - 4.00 per 10. Charge a buck or 2 more per hundred if they want you to package them in 10's. I have a couple small stores set up to where I send my stuff in packs of 100 along with my bags and labels. They do all the packaging and that saves me a bunch of time. Maybe offer half off on shipping for the first order just to keep their business, but don't budge on your price.

Just my 2 cents..............

Chris

You got the best advice you could. It is very important to set YOUR price and hold fast. The first thing taught in the most famous sales course in US history is, set your value for your customer. If you allow the customer to set a value to you, it will be 0. It is better to explain and educate a potential customer. It may take time to get a solid customer base, but those who have the money or are willing to spend it for what they want, will spend the money. If you put the products in too inexpensivly, you don't make enough and perhaps they get overlooked. People are strange. Bigger $ means it's better to many. It is the same way in Rod Building. Your time, is worth a good wage. Otherwise, you might as wel swap with people. People don't lke prices to go UP, they'll adjust to a price over time and appreciate a sale. Shop owners will always try to get the best deal they can, and rightfully so, just don't let them get one over on you! You can always develop an incentive to attract them as time goes on. More people fail because of setting their prices too low than too high.

Maze