walleye warrior

Idea for a new hook

Guest DiyEngineer

What do you mean turn it into something, by that assume making it physical. So I would cad it, print out a scale sized top drawing on a paper get some steel, brass or copper wire and form it into a hook, then sharpen and true the edges, and test how well it grips into rubbery material and what position would it hook best. That is how I test/design hooks. I assume this is what you are asking.

Edited by DiyEngineer

Like mentioned above, draw it up in cad or pay someone to draw it up and fully dimension it.  Make a prototype of it if you can to see if it does what you want. If you cannot make one and are looking to sell your idea, you can try calling some hook manufacturers . If they think it's worthwhile they will let you know. However be cautious on giving them info. They could possibly steal your idea and market it before you even get going. There are ways to protect yourself from that. Good luck.

Get with a hook company that you would want to make your hook and the can draw up what you need and supply you samples . After you Ok the sample then they would build you the hook , Most hook company's will require you to order 100,000 of your hook. If you plan on selling your idea make sure you get a non disclosure form sign by whom ever you try to sale it too .

Catrer

• Like 1