Chesirelawyer

Powder paint designs

Hello all I have been dabbling into powder painting recently and have come up stumped on how  some of these designs are created. I’ve stumbled my way through trial and error for most designs such as dots, eyes, clears so on so forth  but some of the finer designs such as swirls and stripes have me stumped any advice? I’ll attach some pictures of others work that ive seen 

9B03A3EF-7499-4908-BFB5-4CF1DD509F41.jpeg

591E5B61-5429-4434-9FBD-A9A6E6A08565.jpeg

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I think I know how those were created. If they are all powder paint then they were done using a product called powder water. It turns powder paint into a liquid in order to use it like regular paint be even that is too heavy for the designs in the picture.  What I believe is the heads have a base coat of powder and then a spray paint is sprayed on the surface of water in a bucket, the paint lays on the surface and you can create all kinds of designs and swirls. When you have a swirl pattern you like you dip the head onto the paint and then under the water and lift it out again and the paint swirl is transferred onto your jig head. It is done with other items and I'll leave a link to what I'm talking about. Now, I may be wrong but I've been working with powder paint since 2003 and I haven't found a way to do anything close to that.                      

• Like 1