Fisheveryday

Help with white

I’m having a difficult time with getting white to stay white; pretty sure it’s operator issues any advice would be appreciated my process is pretty straight forward. 

I’m Using baitjunky firm mix / M&F non bleed 3309x2 white / M&F .062 Black and 5 drops of heat stabilizer 

my process is as follows. 

heat 2 cup to 350 let cool to 315 - 320 and mix 10 drops of color then glitter and transfer to a presto pot and repeat a second 2 cups then mix it all together in the presto pot.  I  can  get 3-4 injectors full then the aqua green color starts up and get darker after each shoot you can see the difference in the colors shot right after each other . 

I’ve tried with another brand plastic , white and glitter and also tried mixing color first then heating and I get the same results but after one injector full. 

Thanks in advance Dale 

09D80F9E-0B4E-471A-883A-591FFEB74792.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bamafan2277 said:

The color change may be coming from your glitter.  After it's been in the liquid plastic for a bit the color may be bleeding. If you do a test batch without glitter do you get the color change after several shots still?

Yes I did a test shot without glitter and I came out perfect . I know the glitter is bleeding I’m just gonna go back to smaller batches takes more time but comes out the way I want. I most likely am not keeping the glitter of the bottom of the pot and need to stir more but don’t have an extra set of hands :) 

thanks Dale

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Baitjunkys said:

try lureworks glitter.

Yep their stuff is great & I think the best there is & i've used several different companys glitters & colorants both & it just suits me a whole lot better all the way around. I do however use some red craft glitter from walmart in some white lures like flukes to get a light pink tint to them & it works great.